Your application will remain active through the open period of this Public Notice. Once this Public Notice closes, you must reapply.
- Serve as a computer scientist and technical consultant for work involving both application and development of mathematical, statistical and computer-simulated models and applications.
- Apply mathematical and software engineering principles and disciples to the building of software systems.
- Perform various duties concerned with the application of, or research into, computer science methods.
- If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a pre-employment fingerprint check and background investigation. Fingerprint results and background investigation documentation must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints and background investigation documentation. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges. You may be subject to a credit check as a part of the background investigation process.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or bachelor’s degree with 30 semester hours in a combination of mathematics, statistics, and computer science. At least 15 of the 30 semester hours must have included any combination of statistics and mathematics that included differential and integral calculus. All academic degrees and course work must be from accredited or pre-accredited institutions.
- If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university.
- One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 level in the Federal service or equivalent in other pay systems that equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) to perform successfully the duties of this position, and that is in or related to the position to be filled. An example of this experience includes developing software systems, high-speed computing systems; real time data acquisitions systems, simulation modeling, data analysis and complex electronic instrumentation systems for testing weapon system installation, and developing and applying system evaluation methods and techniques to major portions of large projects of studies. Serves as staff specialist responsible for providing technical leadership and guidance in a major subject-matter, functional, or program area.